It baffles me. Why when we have this great infinite power to help us in our lives, people do not ask for help? If you are single I recommend you pray for love. The purpose of this post is to give you practical tips on how to make destiny unfold and usher you to the courtship and marriage.
If you do not ask for help, you are swindling yourself out of you own life. If you lack faith, get over yourself and try. This is your life, your one and only and do not let true love pass you by.
Frankly, I find it distasteful when people talk publicly about religion, I jokingly say ‘keep it in church’. Yet on the other hand, prayer will lead you to the love of your life. It lead me. I feel It would be an injustice if I did not convey this message.
Prayer or meditation for enchanting attraction
Look I am with you if you are into contemplative prayer, meditation or anything mystical (which means ‘to close lips’). I have practiced this in my life on and off. Yet, life is so fast paced. I find mediation too mentally strenuous to keep going for any length of time. I will do it for a day or two, but then life accelerates again. This is why I prefer simple prayer. Do it with a sincere heart and simplicity like Jesus taught.
A few maybe nots with talking to God for a mate
- Loading your Cell phone – Do not pray while waiting for your computer to boot Windows, or your waiting for your mobile device to start.
- In bed – Consider not praying while under the covers before you really wake up. I guess this is OK, you are still in a twilight state, I do it, but it is like doing isometrics under the blanket, is it optimal?
- Driving in your car – Similar to the above point. A lot of people say the Rosary for example on their commute and I think this is good, but for asking for something like love you want to prepare yourself for something great. Make a ritual that can open up your heart.
See prayer is not just about asking, but also preparing your mind to open and transform. If you pray in less optimal situations, our Divine master hears you, but when he sends what you need your way you might not be ready to deal with it. Just be prepared, wild things will happen in your life when you pray.
How to pray for love
Much of my advice is more Jungian than connected with having the Absolute hear our pleas for love and connection to our soul mate. However, because we are human, hence, multidimensional ideas like position and direction and general atmosphere are important.
- Positional prayer – Best is to wash your face and brush your teeth or whatever, when you get up or before you go to bed. Make your environment appropriate. You can burn incense but I think that is not needed. Then find a position or posture that works. For example, St. Ignatius preferred to pray on his back. He also felt praying in the direction of Jerusalem was more effective. Muslims might pray towards Mecca. If you say the ‘Our Father’ many like to extend their hand out and palms open to heaven as if to receive God’s healing energy from above. It seems charismatic but who does not feel this energy.
- Wish good things on those who have hurt you – This is clearing your heart. Ask God to forgive or even bless your enemies and wish well on them. Even if you can not have the intention of this. Negativity attaches itself to you. It is like an entity. Ask God to free you from these forgiveness and you can ask this out loud so if these things are real and not just imaginary, they will hear. If a negative thought comes to your brain, mentally say ‘cancel, cancel’.
- The root of your blockage from true love – Ask God forgiveness for your sins – This is simple. When I was a bad boy I realized I was blocking out my own happiness. The more I did bad things the further it lead me from my true love. What is your vice? Pride is bad for me. It is the worst as it distances us from God, when we start to self individualize pride often takes over, when we have insecurities. I also had lust, which is actually the least offensive as it is only misdirected or inordinate love. If you are on the web for example looking hours a day of risqué movies, or visiting houses with ‘working girls’ or are a pick up artist, this will dissipate your ability to attract real love. On the other hand, if you are too good and do not have a little perverse thoughts you might be perceived by others as too boring. So you do not want to dry the well, just make sure you are using these drives in the right way.
- Create atmosphere – If you can, make your own sanctuary in your apartment, life will seem clearer. Some believe scents dissipate negative energies, like Frankincense oil that is blessed and anointed or incense for example.
- Deploy holy objects – Icons or Crosses from special places on your body or in your room. If you are Hindu or from India you will have your own set up symbols and objects that not only trigger whistles and bells in your subconscious that are different from Western European but also ones that will also have real tangible effects.
- Keep your goodness in secret – You do not need to get a bumper sticker that says “God powered vehicle” or a t-shirt that says “Yoga” on it. Minimize outward signs of your spirituality. Do not broadcast the fact you do this to your friends you pray like it is the latest fad on Dr. oz you are trying.. Pray in private and close the door. What God sees, when others do not, you will be rewarded.
- Beauty, charm and grace – Maybe this is extreme but have style like you are going to an Ibiza disco, but have the patience and calm and humility like you are monk or in the convent. Let people find your through your outward beauty, then you screen them based on their ideals. When I was first courting my wife, I thought she was just some super hot chick with good style and long legs. Then one day I see her in church. It was a revelation. God would allow me to have someone I was physically attracted to and spiritual. I did not need to compromise in love. I got to know her first because of her beauty, but then wow, she was the girl of my dreams.
You need to wait until the answer reveals itself. This takes patience. The answer will reveal itself to you. However, be watchful against interrupting everything as a sign from above or every person as the great answer to your loneliness. If you do this you will fall prey to players. What you need to do is pray. You do not have to over pray, just ask and live your life and forget about this whole destiny thing for a while (yeah right how can you do this). Just trust in the design of the Divine plan.
- Above all if you can, go for someone with ideals. I believe having this spiritual element, this component of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs being worked on is perhaps the most important part of being human. I can not imagine my parents who have been married over 65 years together if they did not have a spiritual foundation.
Other more tangible ideas about dating an Angel or Godsend
- Catholic or Christian dating or Hindu dating or Muslim dating websites – They have the highest percentages of successful marriages. Maybe it is that like-minded people flock together, or something else. Learn from Indian marriages. People can scuff at the traditional Hindu selection process, but with a 99% success rate, I wonder if their consideration of spiritual elements have anything to do with it?
- Go to Church, Temple, Mosque, Yoga class – There are a lot of hot looking normal people in Church. It is not a place to pick up girls but rather if you go, when you meet them in the supermarket, you have something to connect about.
- Do not give up as God never gives up on you – Just let potential suitors who are not worthy of your hand in marriage drift away. Say that is OK and let them go. Know you will have to kiss a few frogs to find your prince or princess. But once you do you will not even remember those scoundrels.
Praying for specific people only works once there is a connection already, a spiritual connection. If you are alone keep it general. Do not get involved with people who are not idealistic. It will set you back. Screen for ideals early on. Ask probative questions about ideals, vision and values. Do not go out with people who believe in divorce or are nihilistic or cynical about the Absolute.
Awareness for finding love – What people do not know
You need transcendence not another roll in the hay. See there is a physical reality and the ultimate reality. They are interrelated. What you do on the physical plane influences your spirit. What you do on a soul level influences this reality. Like a kid who puts his hand over a flame, he is not aware that the flame can burn him initially. Yet that is the reality. Similarly people deny the influence or are not aware of the influence on the spiritual realm in their live. They get burned in relationships. It is not to say because you have had bad relationships you are doing something bad. I do not believe that. I am just saying learn to work with the laws of the Universe for a more optimal dating experience.
Some people practice the ancient disciple of awareness. you can do this but I again believe it is fine to keep it simple, and pray.
A note on Yoga
When I did Yoga I felt this was one time in my life when my life transformed and opened my heart. After doing Yoga (which means union with the Divine) at a studio, I found myself traveling the world and fearless. I saw very few single girls for long People who practice yoga seem to pair off or find a companion elsewhere. This is just an observation. I wonder to this day what role it played in my life as after years of practice my life did change. It is like an accelerated practice of development.
Does God intervene in the dating process?
God sets up the rules of the universe and does not violate them. He is not a super magician, and that is why I am not a super-naturalist or obsessed with everything being a sign or using new age metaphysical ideas to guide my life, I do not believe it. Nor is God a Divine clockmaker and set it in motion and steps back.
Rather, the rules of the game allows for Divine intervention, even in dating. It is more like in the game there are variables that are beyond our understanding. Dice if you will.
God not only throws dice with the universe, he sometimes throws them where we are not looking
My point is God plays an active role in your relationship and marital selection process if you allow this to happen through awareness and prayer. It is not like I want this person, and abracadabra hocus pocus that person falls for you and you find yourself a bride or groom. Yet, there is a complex stratification of reality. There are elements of free will and concepts beyond the scope of this article, but you can research them yourself or ask my perspective.
What is it like to be alone?
I have a problematic believe in an underworld in the afterlife. I do think that being separated from love is pain. When we do things that bring us further from the Source of love we feel pain. Eros is analogous to Agape in the sense the lack or feeling this, motivates us to action. Therefore, if you feel alone in your heart it is the Uni-verse calling your to action to connect. take action, and start with some of the ideas I recommend. Prayer and visualization being on the top of that list.
What is holding your back from amour? I keep asking this question to you because it is something. Examine in your life what is holding you back? Your job? Quit you job. I left my career for ten years to chase and marry my wife. I do not regret it for a second. Money comes and goes. Look at all the people who dedicated their lives to their career and got caught with their pants down in the Crisis of ’08 and now are underwater. I did not participate in the boom or the bust because I was too busy being in love. At the end of the decade monetarily I was no worse off for sure. So get over yourself and purse what is important in your life.
People show adulation and infatuation, but what about the real thing
I understand your problem because I lived through it. I know exactly what you mean and feel. Being alone is more painful than any physical pain. And what is worst is is constant. It is not that you can not attract Someone it is that you want someone who will make the moon appear in the sky and the start shine at night.
A lot of single will be attracted to you, but they are really not your prince or princess. Remember that 2001 film Serendipity – with Kate Beckinsale.
It is finding the right one. Some super hot girl or guy who turns your world upside down, but has the depth and character you could admire for a lifetime is the real trick. I highly recommend a spiritual practice. It could be prayer, or yoga of visualization, but anything taken seriously will start opening up the universe to change your life.
How long will it take to tunnel out? – The Count
Seven years – Jesuit Priest
It is too long – The Count
Do you have anything better do to? – Jesuit Priest
– The Count of Monte Cristo
If it takes time to find he love of your life, the person you will grow old with, then it takes time.I know you feel anxiety as when you are lonely problems are amplified, but trust me, once you find your darling sweetheart, time will not matter.
One last metaphor about finding love
Imagine you are entrapped in a castle of ice. You need to start to chip away at the walls and find your way out. On the other side is your prince or princesses waiting in a beautiful green meadow to ride away with you. However, the way out is for you to do the work, that is prayer. Use spiritual weapons to break though these walls. The will come down once you follow my advice. Once you have the vision, pray your way out.