How to get an EU citizenship

The purpose of this post is to help you gain EU citizenship in a legal way.

Dual citizen as an American

Many Americans often talk about the desire to be a dual citizen. We Americans do not always like some of the economic or political policies of Europe, but peace and love we secretly admire the more relaxed lifestyle and cultural richness. Third generations Americans rediscover and connect to the roots that the first generation left and the second generation swore off.

How citizenship is determined

American citizenship is defined by birth, whereas European Citizenship is often connected to nationality. You ca be born in Germany yet not granted citizenship.So how can An American get/claim a dual citizenship, now the USA allows this. You will simply follow the laws of each country you enter and can not claim protect as a USA citizen if you entered on another passport.

Ok so how do you get a drawer full of passports like Jason Bourne?

Rules of citizenship

Generally for most counties these are the rules, – a parent, not a grandparent must have citizenship. If you grandparents came from there your patents must get it first, than you have to apply.

How to get citizenship

You can get all birth certificate on line and sent to you; just check off the box that says you are applying fore dual citizen it costs about 20 dollars at any state online site. Once you have all the birth and marriage documents, create a family tree. Then translate all this by an official translator. Then fill out the paperwork you can get at the consulate. If you parents are citizens then you are all set, if not usually you have to legally live in the country for five years for at least six months out of the year. Last option is write the president with your story and sometimes if you give them enough paper you case will be accepted. Oh and if you speak the language even to some level this will help you case.

Myth: Marry a EU citizen and you will become a EU citizen

People have old fashion TV based ideas. Marriage does not change your citizenship. It will allow you to get a visa easier to stay in the country which in term will allow you get get become citizen after many years and lot of paper.

If you know some of the language, you will see how much easier it will be to be a citizen.

Learn a European language

By Mark Biernat

I live in with family between two worlds, US and Europe where I create tools for language learning. If you found my site you probability share my passion to be a life long learner. Please explore my site and comment.

454 replies on “How to get an EU citizenship”

I read someplace that if your parents OR grandparents were Polish citizens you can get dual citizenship with Poland. I need more information on that. Can i as a 3 rd generation American, my grandparents were from Poland, get citizenship if i do not speak Polish hardly at all and how do i do it if i can?

Polish citizenship law does not mention anything about speaking Polish. To be a Polish citizen you are either confirmed, which means a parent was Polish and still maintains a status of Polish citizen or you apply for citizenship. If your grandparents are citizen than you are citizen only if your parents are etc, and you go to the consultant and do the paperwork to get confirmed.

What you can do is apply for a green card based on the fact your blood is Polish. Because of the history of shifting boarders citizenship in Europe is more about blood than place of birth. With proof of your Polish roots, such as translated birth records etc you can get a greed card. It would take about 3 months of work. I know people who can help you with this. Once you have a green card, you can get citizen after you live in Poland for 5 years. I am almost there. It is great to have a Polish citizenship as you are not only citizen to one of the greatest nations on earth, but you also have an EU citizenship and can stay in the EU longer than 3 months, if you like to travel. I think Polish law is very fair connected with this since to get a US citizenship it is impossible, the whole world wants to live in the USA, or almost. But in Poland you have to live and work there five years after you get your green card. If you want an EU citizenship there are much easier counties to live than Poland. Poland life is a little hard. Also if the Polish government does not like you for some reason they will not give you anything, the police check you etc in detail. Poland is a boarder EU country so they want to make sure who they let in Poland is going to be ok, while I think in Western Europe its much easier. But if you are of Polish blood than its not as hard. If you are Polish you can eventually get Polish citizenship. I can help you with this if you want.

@ Macada, Living in the UK or any other EU nation is easy, however, you need to have a reason. That is, if you have a profession that is in need in a EU country; a company can sponsor you and get you a work visa. Or if you have some connection to the country, that you can claim, as your parents are from the country. However, if you are want to live there, just to live there, it will be hard. First you must research the citizenship laws. The first place to start is the UK embassy website, they ussually have the information there. You have to find a economic, historic or other reason that is under the law that is justifyably reasonable from an EU or UK standpoint.

im a U.S. citizen im a single mom, i have 3 kids i would like for my children to grow up in London and do their studies there. my childrens are 15,16, and 17. i would like to live in London. could u please give me more information on how to do that.

My greatgrandfather was Polish, however my grandfather and father haven’t applied for their Polish citizenship. How could I start up this process?

If you want to live in the UK, there is a scheme based on a points systems that has opened a few more doors for an American to live and work in the UK. Its called the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP Visa).

Based on their criteria, you must be able to show that you have at least 75 points. In other words, they breakdown your history into a point system. For example, if you have an MA, you score 35. If you have earned (in the US) 20,000 pounds (= about $40,000) in the last year, you score 15 points. Your age is also a factor, and there are no points awarded to you if you are 32 or over.

Below is a link to where you can find more information. For the most precise information, down the PDF file called
“Highly Skilled Migrant Programme – Guidance for Applicants”

The whole document is very wordy, so you’ll have to carefully skim all the details to see if you quality.

I hope this helps!

@ A.Chapiewsky : Because your great-grandfather was Polish does not give your right for citizenship, especially because there were not Polish citizens back then, per the history. That is the bad news. The good news is if you can prove he was of Polish origin you can get a green card for Poland. To get this start with the Polish Embassy closest to you or write the Polish embassy in NYC if you are in the States. After you have a green card and live in Poland for five years you can become citizen.

I am a US citizen and my fiance is from Sweden, but lives and works in UK. What is the procedures to acquire work permit in UK after i get marry and move to England.

@Asisha When you marry a citizen from an EU country, generally you have the right to live and work in the country of that persons citizenship. So I think you can work in Sweden. But the UK, that is a different country, you need to get a work permit or EU citizenship. However, I think you have the right to live in the UK if this is where he works. That all has to be check with the embassy.

US citizen looking to relocate to the UK. Please provide dual citizen information, thank you!


I am a US citizen, My girlfriend is from Slovakia. We have been talking about marraige,And it seems very difficult and expensive to move to the US with her and allow her to become a US citizen. If we marry is it possible to get a Euro-passport… after time. Is it atleast possible to job and if so, what paper work is nessesary?

@Michael – EU or Slovakian citizenship or even US Citzenship is not changed by the act of marriage of course. However, marriage will allow you to obtain a visa and right to work and live with relative ease in the EU or USA. Once you have this visa , citizenship can follow after a few years of living in the country you want citizenship in.

I am an American citizen. I started my Polish Citizenship based on the fact my family was Polish. However, 4 years latter I am still a US citizen with a Polish green card (obtained because of my Polish roots).

I have married a Polish citzen. This will be a postive point when they consider my application for citzenship, but will not really affect the basis of their ruling on my citizenship.

In my opinion, US citzenship or EU citizenship once married is equally easy or hard to get. It is just paper thats all, maybe a few hundred dollars in application fees at most. But its not hard. Even easier is a visa to the EU or US once married. This is almost a given.

I think if your dream is to live with her in the USA, its very easy, she will get an almost automatic visa is everything is legal and the paperwork is in order. Further the US is cheap. You can live in Mississippi if you want. However, Slovakia is beautiful, if you want to live there I think you could have a wonderful life, but not as rich.

Forget the paper work and the citizenship, think about where do you really want to live with her, then do the paperwork latter. The embassy websites have all the details about citizenships etc. for the US and EU.

I am interested in obtaining EU citizenship. My mother is a Swedish citizen. I am a US citizen. I have many relatives the(Grandmother, Aunt, Uncle, etc.) Is it possible to obtain EU citizenship via my mother being a Swdish citizen? Any thoughts or places I can get more info on this?

Thanks, Chrispy

@Chrispy The issue of EU citizenship is for you about Swedish citizenship. I think you do not have to achieve Swedish citizenship, I think rather in your case its more confirmation of Swedish citizenship. Depending on your age and other facts. That is, you already perhaps are Swedish. First place to start is the Swedish embassy/consulate. They are full of information about what exactly you have to do. And of course if you are Swedish citizen you are EU citizen.

I also have a U.S. passport, but I don’t have any connections with anybody in Europe.
Do I have any chance in getting EU citizenship?

@Mike, yes you can get an EU passport. You need to live and work legally in a EU country with a legal visa for at least 5 years, with a sponsor. Then you can apply and your case will be herd. I think there may be ways arround it but EU citizenship is like US citizenship, they do not give them out. I am an American and 1) married to a EU citizen 2) have a green card, which I got before I was married, to an EU country. 3) have lived and work legally in the EU for years 4) have very stong family ties to the EU (parents-grandparents) 5) have done some postive things for the country I live in …and have my application in for citizenship. It will take a few more years before my application for citizenship will even be looked at. So if you are willing to do the work for an EU citizenship you can get it, but they are not handing out EU citizenships out at the boarder.

markbiernat – hi – thanks for your information – I am wondering how I might be able to get dual citizenship in the EU. I am a US citizen, born here. Both of my paternal grandparents and my father are polish. I am half Polish and half Italian. a) What are my chances of getting EU citizenship. b) Do I HAVE TO stay and live in Poland for 5 years? I am not positive I want to do this. Please get back to me.

@Michael Many people write me that they want a EU citizenship but do not want to live in Europe. They just want it. That is fine, you can keep your EU passport in your draw or tell your friends, I am waiting for one myself. But again counties do not just give out passports and citizenships. To get a citizenship from an EU country either your parents have to be citizens of and EU country or you have to be naturalized, meaning living there for 5 years and jumping though hoops filling out paperwork. But again, that does not meaning getting and EU citizenship is not possible other ways.

My grandfather was born in Germany, but now resides in the U.S. I am interested in obtaining EU citizenship. I understand that my mother would have to apply first. Do you know what the process is for obtaining citizenship through Germany? How long does it usually take?
Thank you,


I have documented that all eight of my great grandparents were born in what is now Poland, although at the time they emigrated to the US, the places of their birth were part of Russia or Prussia.

You say in other comments that you can get a “green card” for residence in Poland based on “Polish blood.” Do you mean a temporary residence permit, renewable every 2 years or a 5 year residence permit?

From my research, it does not seem a person of Polish ancestry has any advantage in the application process for either permit. Is there truly a preference?

Also, I’ve heard talk of a “Karta Polska.” Is that just another term for a residency permit?

@Todd Because of the history of Poland, who is Polish is defined by blood. For almost 175 years there was no Poland, but of couse still Polish culture and people, so Poland gives strong consideration for people who have Polish blood. In fact it is written not only into the law but the constitution that you have this right if you can prove you are ‘Polish”. I have a Karta Pobytu, which gives me right to live and work in Poland forever. I renew it every 10 years like any Polish ID is renewed. But by that time I will be a Polish citizen. I got this by doing the paperwork. I got the birth certificates of my parents and my birth certificate translated to Polish and built a family tree tracing my roots. The Polish consulate will have more information. Got to their website. I love living in Europe and will like even more having an EU – Polish passort citizenship while keeping my US passport and citzenship even more. It just takes paperwork, but the law if on your side.

My husband is a UK citizen; now has US permanent resident status and he will apply for US citizenship when his green card expires. We live in the US but is it possible for me to apply for UK citizenship based on my marriage to a UK citizen?

JR, you can get a UK citizen, but you will have to work for it, ie fill out paperwork. I am not an expert, but I think this is the way it goes. First you need to get a UK greencard and in 3 years you can become a UK/EU citizen. Now if you were not married it takes about 5 years with a greencard. But I think its standard for EU and US that in 3 years after you get your greencard (which is a slang term for some visa they have) and you are married to a citizen, then you can start the ball rolling for a citzenship yourself. Now what I do not know is the UK’s requirement of living in the UK for 6 months of the 3 years. People find ways arround this of course, but check the UK website for the exact law.

My father was born in Poland and my mother was born in England. I was born in Australia and was wondering if it was possible for me to obtain an EU/Australian dual passport? Thanks in advance

@Hugh Yes. In fact for you its easy. I think according to the Polish consitution you are already a Polish citizen, therefore, an EU citizen and its just a matter of going to the embassy and doing the application for confirmation. It could take as little as 3 months if you have documentation. I am sure the UK has a similar process. My friend whose father was born in Poland, although he and his mother was born in the USA, got his letter of citizenship confirmation in 3 months.

My wife is from Poland and I am from Sri Lanka.We are living in UK and i got UK residence documents. I want to get the Polish Residence beacause then I dont have to get the visa to go to Poland. Could you please tell me how to get it? If I have Polish Residence can I travel schengen countries?

Aya, to get a Polish residence you need to get live in Poland. If you have a UK visa but not residence this does not affect whether you need a visa or not as visa requirements will be determined by your passport, technically even in the Schengen zone. I think UK is a quasi member. But if it was a full member I think you would be ok. Therefore, you need to get a Polish visa to go to Poland as you are not a EU citizen and do not have an EU passport. I am lucky I have a USA passport and Polish greencard waiting on my Polish (which is in the EU) passport which will allow me to live and work anywhere in the EU. But me I want to live in Poland. I do not want to live in Germany or the UK or anywhere else. I love Poland. But my greencard applies only to my country of residence not the whole Schengen zone, but I can vist these countries for 3 months. Which I can do anyway as I have a US passport. How you get a visa? You need fill out an application at the embassy. I think this is pretty obvious.

Hello, my fiance is from Asia and I am Canadian. Neither of us have European citizenship, but we have been living in Spain for a while and would like to settle in Europe. He has a friend from the EU who has agreed to marry him just for papers and nothing else, but I am really skeptical of this that she may sometime in the future want something out of it, or will have the same rights as I have. Is it possible for her to have access to his accounts, property, or businesses while he is living or after he passes? What other issues should I be aware of in this idea of him marrying an EU citizen friend “just for papers.” Thanks!

@Natasha, I understand your situation, and I am not a lawyer… but if you marry just to papers it could be the hardest way to an EU citizenship in the long run. You can get into legal trouble. But the thing is its hard to prove if someone marries for love or papers, so I think the chance of getting caught is very small, IMO. But beware I do not think its legal if you are just trying to get EU citizenship.
Rights under marriage? Ussually you are one economic unit. If she was a shark she could in theory get some of his money when it breaks up. Bank accounts have seperate names and need seperate signatures, but again if she was clever I think she could get arround this. So there is huge liabilty legally as well as financial. But if she was a friend she I think would not do this unless she was a Brutus.
That all being said, I think the above is a matter of secondary importance.

What do I think is the real issue? Marriage is sacred, whether you believe in sacred or not. Even if its for papers you might feel bad about it latter as we do not have water in our veins. I have blood in my veins. We are human and you are young and emoutions are very hard to predict. How do you feel now? How will you feel latter? That is the main reason I would not desire my partner to marry for an EU citizenship, but this is your life not mine.
I think if you want to get a EU citizenship why not get it by getting a work visa, teaching English or other languages, then live in Europe for 5 plus years and apply from there. With imagination you can find a legal way to live in Europe and even get an EU citizenship. I really love living in Europe but I did things the legal way, if it takes time, let it take time. In the end you can get an EU citizenship.

@Valerie That may be true about real estate and EU citizenship. Its better if you start a company and add to the economy. But do not worry about these little point focus on the main point. The main thing to get an EU citizen is: for you to legally live and work there for at least five years. Then put together the best case you can, either via the application process or writing the office of the president of your country with a concrete resson, and if you put together a strong case there is a good chance you will get it.

This might come off as super random, but i am a US citizen born here and ive been abroad several times and REALLY want to be able to get an EU citizenship. Ideally, i really would like to live and work in Spain. Is it true that buying property in EU territory can facilitate your chances of being able to get dual citizenship since you have a reason to be there longer than any normal visa permits?


I am interested in EU citizenship. My mother is German, now deceased and my grandmother still resides in Germany. The catch is when my mother married my dad and moved to the US, she had to give up her German citizenship to become a US citizen ( this was before dual citizenship was allowed). Is there any possibility that I will be able to get EU citizenship?

Remember if you marry just for EU citzenship, the police in the EU counties can check you to see if this marriage is real or just for EU citizenship. They will see if you live together etc.

@Tahnee Yes I think you have a good case to write a letter and application for citizenship which you can get on the embassy website, based on special considersation, although I do not think you can get confirmed as a German citizen, as ussually that happens while your connection has not given up citizenship. No worries.
German citizenship before 2000 was based only fully on the principle of descent (jus sanguinis) which was the country’s traditional basis for granting citizenship. But still Germen law looks stronly at jus sanguinis, and I think with some work you can do it. Do nto just fill out the application, make a strong case, emoutional and political or whatever, make a family tree in detail and tell how you feel you have a connection to Germany, if this is true and how you have always wanted to reestablish this connection but could not for the reasons of … etc. I hope this helps you get a EU citizenship. But like I say in all my posts, they just do not hand out EU citizenships. I moved to Europe, learned the language, have a job, contributed to the country and have strong family ties and I am still waiting for Polish citizenship.

I would like to have polish citizenship. My girlfriend is polish and I am American. I have a few questions. I would like to get married to her, just not after a year, a little longer. My grandfather was polish and I could get polish citizenship correct? My main question is that can I leave for a week before my 3 month visa expires and go back to the US and come back to Warsaw and have a fresh 3 months to stay again? I hope this is in accordance to the shengen agreement. Please help, running out of time in 8 days.



@JG I think you can not just get a Polish or EU citizenship. I spent a lot of time and effort to apply. I think you can try to get a green card. This is very possible. You must go as soon as possible to the Polish office, and apply for this, but you have to get a lot of paperwork together. But your blood is Polish and if you check the constitution I think you will be delighted to see there is a law about this. I spent hundreds of hours collecting paper. Countries do not just hand these things out. If you can not do it. I think the rule is you can stay in the EU for 6 months a year with 1 reset allowed after 3 months. You could go to Ukraine for the day for example and this will give you another 3 months then you have to leave the EU after 6 months. But do not be lazy, get the paperwork for the visa going and you might even be able to stay in the EU until they review your paperwork, there is a special condition for that.

My grandfather was born in Italy & still has family there, am i able to get a EU passport??


My ex(almost)wife is ill and may spend a year in poland for treatment. she was born there. she and her family want me to allow our daughter to become a polish citizen so that she can spend the year in poland with her mommy. i’m concerned. what exactly should my concerns be? i intend to consult an attorney before taking any action, but i’d like some feedback now, if anyone has any knowledge of this. my ex isn’t always friendly toward me, and i don’t intend to lose my daughter.

@concerned father. This situation has too many emoutional issues to speak objectively about. And I am not certainly one to give advice, but because you asked I can give an opinion, which you can take or leave…..but first, I am very sorry you have to go through all of this. I mean this.
The process of citizenship takes time. Even if your daughter wants to get ‘confirmed’ as a citizen, it could take many months after all the paper work is in order. I think from start to finish with a passport in hand it would be 7 months at least. And that is if she did all the paperwork very fast. But if there is any issue it could take years. But I believe under Polish law she is already a citizen. All the paper must just be put in place. And if she is a citizen she has a right to live there. Poland and US have no problem with dual citizenships. Poland is an EU country with EU laws and it is a fair and just democratic legal system. If you are worried that she will not come back you have legal action that can be taken in your country and the EU, but once you cross oceans, the effectiveness is less. So there is always a soution given enough legal fees. If that is what you want to do.
In my humble opinion, depending on your daughters age, it is her choice. I know these are hard words from someone who is on the internet, but in my opinion take the moral high ground and even if it costs you in the short term pain think 100% about your daughter’s best interest and work towards with with love and peace as your goal for your family. I have seen too many children who suffer from their parents battles. If you can not legally do anything, Poland – EU is a very cultural interesting place. And never say never, and to think you will never see your daughter is not correct. She is your child and no matter where she lives you will always be connected. And if you can not do anything legally, she might come back anyway because there is no place like home. So do not dispare. And if you can pray with a true heart about your wife’s illness. I think that her health is very important for your child’s happiness. Just my opinion.
Ask your lawyer but more important the embassy about citizenship. Citizenship laws are on embassy websites.

Concerned father I am thinking about this some more. Your daughter is already a citizen of Poland. I do not think any lawyer or all the money in the world can prevent that. Think about it, can an EU lawyer prevent you from being a US citizen? You already are a US citizen. Your daughter I am pretty sure is already a Polish citizen by Polish law. I think your daughter can go to Poland on her US passport and stay as in Poland she can get confirmation. I love America, I am American, but living in the EU is not a bad thing. In Poland the kids are less wild and more normal. Its very cultural an amazing experience. The main thing is to think what is best for her. I wish things were better for the three of you as it sounds like you are going through a tough time. I am sorry. Maybe you could come and live in Europe with your family? In Poland the family is everything, money is not as important. It is a very Catholic country and family is the center of life and a child’s welfare is the main concern. Being married to an EU citizen means you can get a visa, and it could be a chance for a new life.

Polish citizenship (Eu citizenship):
By descent (that is from parents), where at least one of them is a Polish citizen/Ius Sanguinis
A child acquires Polish citizenship by birth (it does not matter the place of birth, even America) when:
1. Both parents are Polish citizens, or
2. One of the parents is a Polish citizen and keeps their citizenship during the process, whereas the other is of unknown or undefined citizenship or does not possess any citizenship … (Art. 4)

from consulate…. i am an American citizen…. not unknown or undefined. if I was stateless, then you would be correct, but I am not, therefore my daughter is an American citizen, and not a polish citizen.

The 3 month time period from her birth has long since expired. she is 6 years old and has lived in US all of her life, with the exception of one brief visit to poland.

We have almost gotten her caught up to her class in school, she is still behind in some areas. I am concerned that putting her in a new language with a different alphabet will put her even farther behind… and i should mention that a huge part of her being behind is that her mother has not and does not put her education as a high priority. i was absent(incarcerated) for a few years. since I’ve been back she has shown that she is exceptionally smart and has developed tremendously. I am loathe to let go at this point. I taught her to read and she is acing spelling tests. Now she is soaking up the math. If she goes to poland she will regress, of that I am sure.

Concerned father, You know best. You know better than I about your daughter of course. Very good answers on your part. And again, I am really sorry about all this, I know its hard.

This is why I think it will be hard to prevent your daughter from living in Poland. US laws to not apply to the EU. Why would they. In Poland I think your daughter has the right to live. Write me if you find different. But I am very sure she can live in the EU if she wants to.

My friend is American. However, his father was Polish but mother American, he was able to get confirmation of citizenship in 3 months.

Here is the reason. You can be Polish citizen by descent. This is another set of laws. You refered to citizenship by birth. This means as long as her mother is still a Polish citizen your daughter can claim it under descent laws. This is what all my friends did. I never herd of a problem. They got a letter of confirmation of citizenship, they did not have to apply. And there is even another law that says that even though the child is not citizen based on birth because their parents did not get dual citizen within the 3 month window the child may simply go before a Polish athorithy with an affidavit saying they want their citizenship. So like I said I think there is little to do to stop her if that is it.
But you sound like an excellent father to care that much. I think many parents do not care and want to ship their kids off somewhere but you are the opposite you are an caring involved parent.
About school etc. I teach and know students that came to Poland when they were young like 7 and 8 from America. They only did better in life. This is a gift to learn in two countries and two languages. On the other hand, the kids who are Polish but born in American and never learned Polish well really wonder why on earth their parents did not let them have this exprience. Learning two lanuages and two schools will only help children. The childrens brains grow and they will be able to master new skills that people brains who do not might never have. I think EU is a wonderful place for a child and the exprience is amazing. But like I said there are more complex issues. Like you love your child and this is the most important issue and I understand you want to be with her. I will stay with inital opinion that I think there is little to do to prevent her from getting and EU citizenship, and that the EU is a wonderful experience for her and you might consider even living here. I moved to the EU in my 40s and have done fine and will even be getting citizenship I hope.

Concerned father, I almost got a citizenship through my grandmother because Poland is very big on blood. The history was very hard and they welcome Poles back to Poland. I did not try to get citizenship though my grandmothers documents as it would have been too much work as she gave up her Polish citizenship though marriage laws at the time.

However, even if you can not get citizenship, you can get a greencard very easy under repatriation laws. This is basically the same thing as citizenship but do not have to go through all the strict legal requirements. Basically someone has to determine that you wife is a Polish citizen and your daughter will get a greencard. I am waiting on my citizenship so I picked up a greencard while I am waiting. This was based on my grandparents. So citzenship or not legally I think she can easily live in Europe.

thanks for the info… i do appreciate it. i trust that God will take care of the details.

@concerned father. What can I say, Citizenship or no citizenship etc I hope everything works out. You sound like you really are a caring person.

@Lauren, if you were born in Australia, you should still be a citizen, you are all set just go with your passport, you do not need a visa. You are citizen, unless you gave up your citizenship, then you need a visa but for a former citizen its easy. That is the good news. However, your partner need to get a visa. Australia has recently made the visa process more difficult. If your partner is a highly skilled worker it is easier because he can get a company to support him. If not he will need a fiance visa or a family visa or a refugee visa. If you can not get any of these, then you can stay only a limited amount of time, I think totaly 6 months a year. But if you are clever, I think there are ways arround this but I do not want to advise about such things. I think citizenship and visa laws are pretty clean. You need a reason, such as work, business, fiance, family or you are a refugee, to live in your target country.

I am currently living in the UK and have been since I was almost 3 years old. I was born in Australia and am looking to move there again later this year. Do I need to apply for a visa or just my australian passport. I am also wondering how my partner should apply, will he need to go through the whole visa process?

I am a US citizen living in the US, I was born in another country, I gave up my citizenship when I became US citizen so this is the only one I have. I am married to a Swedish person and soon I will be going to Sweden for good and also I am expecting a baby which is due in December… Can my baby have the dual citizenship? I mean the US citizen and the Swedish?

Thank you very much in advance

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.