Marry a poor girl. I did and have no regrets. You marry a girl with no money your life will be easy and real (preferably from Eastern Europe, and not America). Here is my story and rational. The first, half of my childhood my family had no money. I played in the woods and streams and read books about history and philosophy.
The second half, well, I went to Avon Old Farms, a preppy all boys English boarding school in New England and was raised on a steady diet of Holden Caulfield, The Great Gatsby, the golf club lunches and trips for new clothes at Brooks Brothers. I was told I would be a banker. I was, until my first existential crisis of young adulthood.
Can you guess which part of my childhood I remember more dearly?
- Marriage is like childhood. You remember the sweet innocent moments and do not care for the ostentatious.
If you are single you know it is depressing. You are in a desert between these two wonderland. To get from one magical time in your life to the next, you have to go though the rite of passage called marriage. However, choose your mate well and that takes courage and wisdom.
Why do I know what I am taking about regarding love and money?
- I have a Masters in Economics from Trinity, very happily married, studied and researched the relationship between money and love.
The economics of finding the love of your life – hint – money and love are
slightly inversely correlated
My advice is think back on your own childhood and what your sweetest memories were. Were they connected to the interactions with others, like from the TV show the ‘Wonder Years’, or materialistic ambitions? My dating tip is try to replicate the core values of your childhood with your partner in marriage. Jettison any societal programming connected with things that are not real.
What is REAL? asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle? – The Velveteen Rabbit
- Poverty and economic hardship has a transformative effect on people. They have a greater ability to discern between what is real and unreal when it comes to life.
- In contrast, careersism and feminism are connected often not to the genuine liberation of women, but pride and material ambitions.
- When choosing a girl for marriage, try to see behind the cloak, if she is a lamb or a runs with the wolves (if you want peace and harmony choose the former).
She grew up on a farm in Poland. She did not care about material things as she was spiritually oriented.
I often seem to criticizes American women and suggest they are not the optimal choice for a bride. I am not saying this. It has nothing to do with America, but rather cultural trends which have seemed to poisoned the well. From the pool of American women to choose from, it has become harder to find one that has over ridden her cultural programming.
Al ot of my American girl friends have dropped a cool $30,000 dollars on a wedding, only to ‘leave the jerk’ a few years later. I have pondered what is going on in American culture, but knew that my destiny lay in a different path.
My message is do not let your judgement be mislead by flashy physical beauty.
All that glitters is not gold and all that is gold does not glitter – J.R.R. Tolkien
The reason people are poor or rich often has more to do with the circumstances of their birth. And I am a unrepentant capitalist. But if you read Adam Smith he would tend to agree.
In American culture there are two things which seem important:
- Producing self confidant girls – Self confidence seems to be the summum bonum of the American high school experience. That is, instil self-confidence into youth and they will make the right choices. I disagree. Self confidence has its place, but more important is humility, purity of thought, wisdom, intellectual curiosity, loyalty. Self confidence not tempered with wisdom can feed into ego and breed a generation of self-absorbed, know it alls who, will not humble themselves.
- Measures of success during the dating process – Titles, fraternities, accomplishments, degrees, house or car even height and clothes you wear. Lets be honest a lot of Americans are into this. Not all, but American girls care about money and economic standard when choosing a mate. In my experience, Eastern European girls do not. They want a spiritual, humble guy who will be there for them.
The spiritual poverty of the West exceeds the material lack of the East. – Mother Theresa
10 Pros of marrying a poor girl
- She will expect less and appreciate you more.
- You can give her your money and she will make sure your household lives under frugal conditions and you do not go into debt. When I shop, I spend, my wife makes our dollars last.
- The best things in life are free – use your imagination.
- Poor girls are often thin, as they do not have money to spend on food. My wife has always been below a size 8 and mostly a size 4. She did not have a lot of money to buy package convenient foods.
- Life has a different quality when you live in more rustic conditions. For example, when I had satellite TV and 200 stations, I watched few programs and rather, just channel, surfed. Now that I have a rabbit-ear antenna and broadcast TV and can not believe all the good shows that are on. Well this is not exactly the definition of rustic, but you get the point.
- Time goes by at a different pace when you have less money. When I was in Poland and in the hospital I shared my room with a man who lived during WWII. He said that a few years then seemed like ten years today. Life passes by so fast as everyone is busy and rushing and waiting for the next gadget.
- You feel like a prince who meets Cinderella.
- Less is more, with less money, you use your creativity to do with less.
- When you make money she will see you as a hero, you can donate the money to the needy and you will even be more her champion.
- Poor girls are hot natural, think Ukrainian girls, hipster Portlandia women, rich girls tend to cake on make up and obsess about stylistic things that do not matter like what style handbag at Coaches.
When you make a woman your equal, you make her your superior – Aristotle.
I think this sounds a little chauvinist (which I am not) if you as me, but I think it was a warning to men and women that we each have our own roles to play in this stage of life.
Pros of marrying a career or rich girl
- You will have to learn to take a back seat in the decision-making process and your testosterone will decrease.
- You will lose your soul in the hyper consumptive patterns of life.
God loves common people, that is why here are so many – Abe Lincoln
Resources to help you with the sorting our the economics of poverty and dating
- poorgirleatswell.com – a website about a girl who has little money and yet lives well and applies her creativity towards positive thing, not base.
- sympatia.onet.pl and mamba.ru two dating sites in Eastern Europe I recommend for finding a bride from the village.
- Poor girls and poor guys – My advice about if you have money but want a unprosperous girl who will treat your well and give you plenty of bambinos and home cooked meals.
- Working girls – Hard work and frugality are virtues that you might want to consider in a mate, not title or money.
If you marry for money it is the hardest method of working for it.
If you have any questions comment and I can help you find the girl of your dreams.