This page contains a useful list of love quotes in Italian for him and for her. The Italian language, is the language of love, just go to Rome, Milan or Naples, and you will understand what I mean. Imagine driving the Amalfi coast in a convertible or in a gondola in Venice. Was not Romeo and Juliet from Italy?
Further, words of love in Italian and Romantic and love phrases are a great way to attract someone are great to get someone’s attention. Even if your rapport is in English, if someone has even a remote connection to the Apennine Peninsula then you sprinkle a few phrases in Italian at the right moment and you are in. Similarly if you text message someone or do a mobile chat and put a few Italian words in, it can theoretically raise your creditability as someone who is cosmopolitan.
Modern Italian is a derivative of Latin and hence easy to use if you are an English speaker, as Latin has had an influence over our language. It is interesting to note in the regions of Italy people speak dialect rather than proper Italian. However, if I were to speak a love quotes use the Italian language as it is more universal.
Love phrases in the Italian language
- Come dire che amate? – How to say that I you love?
- Ti amo – I love you
- Tu sei una stella, la mia stella – You are a star, my star
- Sto cadendo nell’amore con voi – I am falling in love with you
- Non posso vivere senza voi – I can’t live without you
- Il mio cuore è per voi – My heart is for you
- Gradisco voi di più e più – I like you more and more
- La mia stella brillante! – My shining star!
- Al mio amore – To my darling
- Ti amo con tutta l’anima – I love you with all my heart
- Mi manchi – I miss you
- Un milione di baci – Love and kisses
- Parole circa amore – Words about love
- tutti coloro che amano – all who love
- essere innamorato di – be in love with
- innamorarsi – fall in love
- innamoramento – falling in love
- per amore – for love
- amore vietato – forbidden love
- Dare il tuo amore – Give your love
- invaghito – in love
- gioco d’amore – love game
- lettera d’amore – love letter
- storia d’amore – love story
- amore mio- my love
- Come iniziare a comunicare – How to start to talk
- Ciao, bella (bello). Posso offrirti qualcosa da bere? – Hello, beautiful (or handsome). Can I buy you a drink?
- Balliamo? – Would you like to dance with me?
- Fa cosi caldo qui o e la tua presenza – Is it cordial in here, or is it just you?
- Com’è il vino? – How’s the wine?
- È una bella giornata, no? – It’s a beautiful day, no?
- Stai da solo – Are you alone?
- Voglio vederti stasera – I want to see you tonight.
- Le vostre sensibilità – Your feelings
- Siete la mia aria – You are my air
- You siete la donna che più bella ho visto mai – You are my airYou are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.
- Stavo sognando di voi – I was dreaming about you
- Per favore non dimenticarmi! – Please do not forget me!
- Sei la mia anima gemella. – You’re my soulmate.
- Voglio passare il resto della mia vita con te. – I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
- Questa è la tua risposta? Non mi ami più? Come mai puoi lasciarmi senza risolvere il nostro roblema? Sono molto arrabbiata/o. Mi hai tradito. – Is this your answer? Don’t you love me anymore? Why you can leave me without solving our problem? I am very upsad. You betray me.
- Lo sposereste? – Would you marry me?
- Nozze – Wedding
- Chiedere per un data – Asking for a date
- Andate al cinematografo con me? – You go to the cinema with me?
- Desiderate spendere domani sera con me? – Do you want to spend tomorrow evening with me?
- Domani alla stessa ora? – So, same time tomorrow?
- Penso che non abbiamo per caso raduno – I think we haven’t meet each other by chance
- Quando veniamo a contatto di ancora? – When we meet again?
Want to know more about love Italian style? I am both an American and European and live in both places, I have meaningful insights into relationships from a European perspective Go to my page on Italian girls.
One thought on “Love phrases in Italian”
Nice page! I will suggest it to my boyfriend.
However, I’ve spotted some mistakes such as:
– “Asking for a date” is translated as “Chiedere un appuntamento”
– the word cinematografo is very old-fashioned, we use “cinema” instead
– general confusion between the form of the verb you (sing.) and you (plural).