Who am I am why do I know about Spanish girls? I live in an old Spanish town in Florida. I have traveled all over South America and I am an EU citizen and have similarly and lived around Europe. I feel just based on my contact with Spanish culture over the course of many years from women from Madrid to Buenos Aires (lives downtown). I can write an authoritative commentary on Spanish girls.
If you go to Spain looking for love
If you are going to Spain I recommend Miami to Madrid or NYC to Madrid direct, get a SIM card for your GSM phone at any Kiosk. Public transportation in Spain is excellent and your first ride on a metro in Madrid will prove this out. There is a reasonably large number of South Americans and Russians and Romanians in Spain ‘working’, better is to go to respectable clubs, easy to meet girls if you learn a little Spanish, but they all speak English. It is safe at night and taxis are honest in my experience. Even with the unemployment crisis in Spain now, it is not cheap, it is the Euro zone and your dollar is worth less for some strange reason. Unemployment has not caused any increase in crime and you see foot patrols of police everywhere in the tourist areas. Alicante, Malaga and Valencia are three good areas in the Winter to find women. A lot of Moroccans in the south, they are beautiful of course too and have close ties to Spain. The difference is they are Muslim and you will have to convert to marry one.
- It would be better to be an expat teaching in English for a few years earning proverbial Spanish pieces of eight and finding your soul mate than spending another day at your 3% raise a year career job and sleeping and showering alone.
Characteristic of Spanish women
- Catholic – This perhaps is the quintessential characteristic of the Spanish world view. Even if an individual is not practicing the influence on the society is profound. The result, is the women have an awareness about family issues, life, the desire for children is not suppressed and idealism is retained.
- Romantic idealism – I have never met a Spanish girl not idealistic. I wish I could say that for all girls. Spanish women basically dream of love and marriage from a young age, while Western women are more concerned about their self confidence, career and independence from men. There are many closet female Don Quixote reading magical realistic romantic literature. Maybe they do not carry books by José de Espronceda or Carolina Coronado, but more likely they simply have fantasies of marrying. Or read modern fiction like The Witness by Juan José Saer, Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez, Santa Evita by Tomas Eloy Martinez Or reading even Gothic novels like: El Príncipe de la Niebla by Carlos Ruiz Zafón Now not to over project my own lofty views of the world on Latin culture as I have met middle-aged Spanish women that are kind of bossy. So all is not perfect of course. But not bossy and cut-throat anti-man feminist Western way, more in a Latin way, that is hot-headed. That aside,.
- Tendency to marry young and start a family and have a large family – This is not a cliché. A Spanish social worker named Dr. Maria told me she has found that one of the issues of Latin culture was to start a family before the economics or education of the household was stable. I personally think this is not a problem, but she was trying to raise awareness about this and the implications for a cycle of poverty.
- Warm and friendly – Sure women are women, but you know the first contact with Spanish girls are more flirtatious or warmer than in the English-speaking world culture. I am sure it has to do something with the weather and sun. Fruits in more tropical environments are sweeter.
- The Group dynamic – I have hung out with Spanish students of mixed genders traveling around Europe and there was nothing overtly romantic going on. They were just groups of friends traveling. They were very nice. It was not about picking up girls, just traveling. It seemed to have a very different dynamic than say an American or UK group of students there was always latent tension romantically and the need to impress or for the women to be cold or distant.
- Feminine – Watch any Spanish network show and you tell me what you think.
Online dating in Spanish countries
- chateagratis.net – Large Spanish free chat site
- mobifriends.com – pretty big and has an English interface, obviously more geared towards mobile users.
- There is always POF
- mensagenscomamor.com – Not a dating site but a pretty good site with love phrases in Spanish and about the theme of love.
- My page on Love phrases in Spanish or Spanish love phrases.
Conquistador genes and feminism – A cautionary note on Spanish women in Spain Vs. Latin Americans
I tend to think the South American Spanish are more conservative or domestic than Spaniards from Europe (maybe with the exception of Argentina as the girls are notoriously game player before you lasso them into a relationship. There is something about this EU that perpetuates liberalism in the worst way when it comes to Social interactions. Maybe the settles of the new world have been isolated sufficiently or the Conquistador genes are more resilient to feminism.
However, each reason of Spain has a different set of social mores. I think the East coast and the Islands like Ibiza tend to be sin city, while in the center and the west towards Portugal there are more conservative values, farmers and villages and isolationist equals more traditional wives.
Finding a non scam dating website in the Latin world for social netwoking
To find nice chicas do not go to websites that have anything but a green WOT rating. If you do not know what WOT it is an add-on that rates websites based on trust.
For example, amor.com, or cupid.com has a read rating. mingle2.com has a green rating but is American based. You want Spanish dating in Spain or South America.
7 Hot Spanish models – just for eye candy
You can do a search on any of these Spanish actresses and models. There are zillions of others, in fact a typical Spanish girl looks like model just based on their proper body management and long hair. I did not upload photos of these models because the web is flooded with them. You can search them yourself, I only provide my personal favorite list.
- Inés Sastre
- Samantha Torres
- Eva González
- Esther Cañadas
- Nuria Bermúdez
- Lorena Bernal
- Nati Abascal
Success story with Spanish love
If a guy like Matt Damon, who has his choice of women married a Latin girls from Miami, maybe you could be too. I have known scores of guys that once they started to date Spanish girls never considered the WASPy American girl again. My neighbor Dave, a red-headed freckled American boy learned a little Spanish Language and I never saw him date another gal from the States again.