Polish girls in London
I know this sounds hard but many of the Polish girls in London are not in some people’s eyes optimal selections if you are looking for a bride. This is so because many have their egos inflated. I am an American living in Poland and I have seen normal girls come back from London with such huge egos that you are better off not trying to marry London girls. Maybe this is not totally true in every case, but it does become a problem if they have lived there longer than half a year. They feel super self-confident and go to an extreme to try be different than the women in Poland.
Often Polish girls in London will even come back to Poland and say they are English if they have lived there for several years or talk back about Poland. I do not like this social phenomenon. I do not like when any one person judges another country or people.
This is often the reaction of many immigrants into their new countries, they adopt the values of their host country very quickly and over react so to speak. Alternatively it could be said to be their egos reaction to living in a big city. London is a big city and many country Polish girls that immigrate to the city of London act different. It happens to many people who move from the country to the city. Therefore, my conclusion is maybe many are not this way but be aware if you hear a Polish girls in the UK talking down about her own country, this is because of her ego trying to differentiate herself from others.
Where to meet Polish girls in London
That being said there are many Polish singles. London is too big to meet Polish girls on the street, at least your dream girl, maybe try the Internet. There are many Polish UK dating sites. I would start there. But there is a better place than London, why not Poland? I meet my wife in Kraków, so Poland will always be the best place to meet Polish girls. However, at the end of this post I do give you some recommendations of concrete places to meet them online.
Why Polish girls not ideal for UK guys in some cases
Despite the proximity in Europe and of course Poles and Brits have a bit of a different point of view when it comes to family and values. Some positive things about the English are they are open and receptive to immigrants and new ideas, they have a good sense of humor and have given the world so much in terms of language and culture. Ethnicity is never an issue in relationships, it is an individuals relationship to their culture and others that are important. This is an important point. Some things that are a factor if you are a Polish girl in London and meet a native Londoner consider this:
- Polish girls learn English but when in a relationship, rarely do English guys speak Polish most of the time. I think this is unfair. I learned Polish out of respect for another culture. Learn the language of your love, I think this is fair.
- Polish girls are very religious, Brits are not. You can look up an statistic on Wiki or elsewhere. To the person who is the non religious person they are often like what is the big deal man? It might not matter to the groom but to the bride it means something. The groom will say that people are in church are hypocrites, but who is he to judge, let the maker of all thing decide and accept people of faith. It will be an issue, at some point if someone is judgemental. It is important to the woman (I assume the women is the Pole as I have never meet a Polish guy go for an London girl for some reason). On the other hand my brother’s family is British and this is not the case but they are immigrants. But it is something that you have to decide is important to you as an individual or how you will raise your children. For example, just 38% of the British believe in God. That is pretty low considering it was once a country of faith. Typically a Polish girl really wants a traditional church wedding and the British guy will agree but it is either way for him.
- Polish girls do not drink heavy, Brits statically out rank the Poles in consumption per liter by a long shot. Statically the Poles are not in the top twenty. Maybe it has something to do with the footballers culture in London, but I do not know any Polish girl that likes this. Poland had this problem 20 years ago and changed since and it seems London has not yet given up their love of this culture.
- Polish girls are warm and are idealistic about love, Brits are not. A typical Polish girl wants to meet her one and only and dreams of a prince. I know, I live here and I know how the girls are. Of course not every Polish girls but they grew up with a classical education reading romantic literature (like I did). However, I have seen some very nice English guys come to Poland and many are very into Shakespeare and literature so it is not true in every case. However, it is something to be aware of. continental Europe has a different ethos.
- Two different cultures do not mean relationships can not work but the individuals need awareness that they have to be flexible and accepting and open minded. I have seen marriages between Brits and Polish girls and they are not as optimal as between Americans or Irish guys. England use to be a very moral place, however, new secularism and post modern thinking changes their morals. It is not that Londoners are not moral, rather they have different morals. Not all English are like this but many embrace this new modern thinking. It is only a cultural statistic.
- UK has double single parent homes in the last 15 years, is this a tend you want to see? In Poland it is a rarity. The good news is, immigrants from all over the world moving into England is a good thing as perhaps it will change the country’s values back for the better. Its only about culture and not at all about the British people, many who are fine people.
The bottom line is the cultures between Italian and Poles are similar, or between Irish and Poles, or Poles and Greeks or Poles and any culture that focuses on old European social values. For example Indian and Chinese have good marriages with Poles if they are more traditional. If you have an Indian guy in London with a Polish girl as long as they both come from the same point of view in life all is fine. But the English culture is a little bit different from the traditional Polish culture which has God and family above everything else, maybe I am wrong. I am open to hearing different views. Just remeber to not attack people and use good grammar and punctuation in your comments.
This being said I think marriages between Polish and English can work out very well, after all look at Norman Davies. There are many examples of great marriages, but I just go in with your eyes open that the cultures are a bit different.
If you aware about how cultures in the world are different and if you are willing to accept the differences in culture try the following online resources for meeting, chatting and dating and maybe you will meet a lady in Europe’s second largest metropolitan area:
- Gumtree.com – Free classifieds. Countless London and UK ads as well as a large Polish section under ‘other coutries’.
- polishdating.co.uk – This is free and mostly the English language.
- anotherfriend.com – An Irish based dating site with a lot of Poles and geographically diverse, I think it is a pay site but very trustworthy as it is on of the oldest in the Isles.
There are my personal recommendations to meet Polish girls in London:
The Polish site interia.pl and onet.pl which has their own dating Portals which you can screen girls for the London area.
- znajomi.interia.pl/randki – This is free, use a translate tool if you need help.
- sympatia.onet.pl/ – This is free and maybe pay, I think this is maybe the largest and your best choice to for Central London or screening for suburbs.