Iran has about 15 millions single Persian girls. However, because of the difficult political situation, it is not a good idea to go looking for a wife in Tehran or Mashhad unless you are part of the culture. So what are you to do if you are looking for a beautiful Persian model for marriage? The aim of this post is to tell you where to meet them and a little about their culture. At the end I also have some interesting and funny personal stories about Iranian girls, names and society. My post is a little non sequitur as I wanted to cover a lot of information, but all relevant and of value for if you want to know more about these Eurasian women.
Single Iranian women – Where can you find them?
These are the raw number, I included numbers residents of Iranian ancestry not gals from Persia.
- Persian girls in Dubai -If you are looking for a woman from Iran I think Dubai has the highest concentration in the world in Diaspora. I would estimate there are 250,000 legal and illegal single Persian girls in UAE mostly in the city of Duabi.
- in the USA – The United States has about 300,000 unmarried single women for dating, but they are all spread out. The best city is L.A. as California has a pretty high population, maybe because of the weather. New York is a distant second. Canada has another 45,000 singles gals from this Middle Eastern country, many of whom live in Montreal but also Toronto.
- Sweden, Germany and girls from Iran – 10,000 and 55,000 for dating respectively. In Europe Germany seems to be a hub for Middle Eastern girls. This might be because Turkey had close political ties with Germany in the past and many Islamic people immigrated to Germany. Sweden has many Persian and Arab girls in Gothenburg (this is really close to Denmark and a very nice city, I would live there). There are also a community of Irani girls in the UK, however, I do not have information about this.
- in Israel – 60,000 are potential brides to be. This is a curious group as they are actually Jewish. There were many communities of Jews all thought the Middle East and some even in very strict Muslim.
These numbers may seem low but these are ethnic Persians who may be slightly different from the 200 million native speakers of the Indo-European language which include Persians , Kurds, Baloch, Lurs and Pashtuns. These people live in Iraq to Afghanistan and even Pakistan. I think the cultures are very similar as I have know a few Kurdish and Iranians – but Farsi girls might protest if these cultures are all lumped together. Kurdish people in my experience are very noble and honorable.
Persian girls dating
Persian wife finder alternatives– If you saw the movie Yes Man with Jim Carrey there was a scene where he was on a blind date with a Pharsi girl from a website called Persianwifefinder.com. There is not real dating site with this address.
Doing some research I found it hard to find true .ir sites which were for dating as most are news portals and Iranians are really into blogging, maybe because the restrictive government and a blog is more democratic decentralized information. Further, the ones that do have photos and videos for dating are cluttered with lots of flashing images, the navigation is hard and even if you do translate it, it is confusing. Maybe I am seeing from with a cultural filter as I am from Boston and very puritan utilitarian city, most Asian cities have flashing signs, and apparently their websites also.
However if you want to chat with online here are a couple I found easy to use and I can recommend, try the following online personals websites:
- iranianpersonals.com – Connecting people for meeting and chat. Not a professional looking site, cheesy design, but popular and functional.
- cloob.com – For virtual relationships and Iranian dating. Lots of nice photos dressed in an ordinary modest way.
- Facebook – I do not like to plug this old standard but there sure are a lot of Iranian girls in California and London using this English language site.
The rest of this posts are some interesting tidbits about dating and women from Iran.
Do Middle Eastern girls go for American guys?
Yes. However, you need to be an open minded guy to different world cultures. There is an idea called Dastan in Persian culture that people protect their culture from outsiders, but today its only history and a story. I know many non middle eastern guys who are looking for girls from Persia. Corn feed American guys with freckles and fair hair are attracted to plump lipped shapely Iranian and Arabic girls with attributes like pomegranates. To Westerners many of these women look like models simply on the virtue of their dissimilarity to their own features. Similarly I personally know Afghan girls or from the Orient and Iran who love a look different from their own culture. So I think there is no problem with cross cultural dating. I am from the Boston and for me there is no problem with this as the city is a melting pot. Lebanese marry Irish and Arabians marry Asians.
More hints on courtship
- One hint if you aspire to date or win the heart of one of these princess is they are really into poetry, more than westerners.
- There are two ways of saying I love you in Farsi/ Iranian.
is for day to day for your sweet heart and
.من تو را دوست دارم
Man túra dúst daram
is more eloquent.
- Dress and culture of Iranian girls you can read about on the cultural site.
Persian girl names are beautiful. My sister Daria even has a name of Middle Eastern origin. I think alot variations of these girl names have been adopted by Russian girls. Iranian baby girl names I personally like are: Ziba (beautiful), Shirin (sweet), Shahrizad (101 nights story teller, meaning city dweller), Sanaz (grace), Pari (fairy),Nasrin (wild rose) Leleh (tulip), Banu (lady) Azar(fire),Anahita (fertility, pure). There are a lot more.
When I almost danced with a Princess – When I was in Prep School in New England in the late 1970s many Iranian rich and elite fled to the USA after the fall of the Shah of Iran. In fact, I almost danced at my school dance with the Princess of Iran as she went to a small private school for girls (Ethel walker’s) , but I was too shy to ask her. I was a tall skinny geek reading Lord of the Rings, I thought she would never dance with me. She was shy and beautiful and European looking as Iranians are of the same groups as Europeans.
Persian girls a memoir – Nahid Rachlin I can recommend if you want to understand better the relationship between American western culture and their culture. The book is a little depressing but good for awareness. Another book is A Persian Odyssey: Iran Revisited by Rami Yelda.
My American friend who scorned Persian girls until
One of my friends whose name is Nader is Persian American. He never wanted to date a woman from Iran. I asked him why, and he said they look like all the women that he knows. He always dreamed of a tall blond girl. It’s funny how the world works. When you think of a Irani female you think of some exotic lady with from 1001 Arabian nights dancing dokhtar Irani in veils.
People are attracted to spiritual similar and physical dissimilar (not opposites). He is Iranian and always like girls that had Iranian values, but looks that are more like blond Russian girls. In the end, he found a girlfriend from Tehran in California and he is very happy. He basically explained that the girls from Persia are so sweet and beautiful he could not resist.