Many people think their date or partner is speaking a foreign language, they are not. You are just with the wrong person and do not connect.
The purpose of this post to discuss literally falling in love and dating someone from another language. That is if you speak English and they are Spanish speaking for example.
True love – benefits of dating a person who speaks another language
- The world is full of possibilities and you have a greater chance of meeting your other half if you do not limit yourself to the girl next door.
- You will learn a foreign language.
- You will learn about another culture.
- You will have an opportunity to travel to another country and get the ‘insiders tour’.
- Better cuisine than take out American cooking. Many American girls say I do not need to cook I can get Styrofoam take out. Or I do not cook but make up for it in other ways, ‘wink, wink’. Wrong. Cooking is an expression of love. A family meal and a family day is a time when you can be human and express and interact with each other. Not some instant meal even if it is from Wholefoods, in front of the TV or Indian take out. There is no restaurant meal that comes close to home cooking.
- Since I married a foreign lady I can not comment on this one; however, many of my friends say marrying an American girl is a very hard life because of the hyper consumption and lack of traditional values. I think there are many great American girls, but most of my single guy friends I know disagree, and said they will only date someone from another country. However, the same could be said for guys perhaps.
- Your mind and soul expands.
- You do not have to be at both families houses during the holidays as your partner will not just be a different state but another country. Many of my friends will have to visit both parents houses on Christmas for example, even though one family lives in Massachusetts and the other family lives in New York. You date someone from a foreign country problem solved.
Love makes the world go around.
Disadvantages of dating someone who speaks a foreign language
Are there any draw backs to dating someone who speaks another language?
However, there are some things to be aware of:
- Dating someone from a foreign country or who speaks a foreign language can lead to cultural misunderstanding.
- Values might be different. I am a traditional family guy and I think that foreign women would not have a problem with this. However, if you are a player and are accepted into the family of a foreigner who has traditional values, be aware of some cultural conflicts in the long run.
- Get frustrated learning the language and both parties give up and go back to speaking their own language, however you stay in the relationship. It is actually a funny situation. I know this one girl who speaks Spanish and another guy who speaks English. They walk around talking to each other in their respective language. Some how it works. One speaks in Spanish and the other replies in English.
- Travel might be far between countries and one person gets home sick. The key is to understand home is where ever you are with your love not matter what country or language they speak.
How and where to date someone who speaks a foreign language
Here is my page on love phrases in several languages. Further, here is a crazy site on dating girls from foreign countries. It is just for fun, do not send to much hate mail. However, many of the points are valid the commentators write, join the conversation.
I am sure there are many other reasons to date someone who speaks another language that I have missed. If anyone else has any more benefits or comments on why to date a person who speaks another language or from another country please let me know.