Danish women – the real story
I have not been in Denmark for a while but I can tell you ‘something is rotten’ there and it is not the Cheese. If you want a carefree week of unrestrained random encounters; consider this Scandinavian country, polish your game and put your best foot forward. If you want to enjoy one of the highest standard’s of living in the EU go to Copenhagen, Aarhus or Odense, as unemployment there is none existent. However, if you want to find a tall fun-loving blonde to be your wife, maybe there are better places in the world.
- With Danish girls you will not have ketchup fights, tickling, spooning and a white picket fence. In my experience this is not the type of relationship Danes fantasize of. Well let me tell you something, I do. I want the whole thing or nothing, not just some fling or relationship where everything open. I want ketchup fights and giggling.
Why Danish girls are on my list for dating
First, some positive things about these northern European females.
- Tall, blond and beautiful. The females on average are 5’6″ tall but there are many girls who are 6′. Look at some of the models like Louise Pedersen, Carla Hermannsen, May Andersen, Eva Helene Skarvig or Maria Gregerson. They all look like this.
- Like to have children. At 1.8 children per woman this is one of the highest rates in the developed world. I love kids and like women who love having a family.
- Educated and peaceful and they do not care if you are from Africa or India or Pakistan or Norway. I think they are pretty open-minded.
Why Danish girls are off my list for marriage
I like Denmark and the Danish people. However, the marriage and love scene is not from a Hans Christian Anderson fairy-tale, unfortunately. I think you are much better off going on match.com and finding a corn-fed homegrown good old fashion American of Scandinavian decent from Wisconsin than Denmark. You will find similarities in culture with Swedish girls and similar reasons why they are not my first choice place for pursuing happily ever after. Here is why.
- My friend who is an good-looking educated guy had a Danish girlfriend and intellectually she was stimulating to chat up. However, her loyalty was questionable. She seemed not content with just one guy. This is just one experience, but he conveyed that Danish girls do not have a social stigma for having multi-partners.
- Divorce statistics show that about 45.5 % of Danish marriages do not work. This is because it is so cheap (only 500 Kroner) and takes one day. However, also like other Nordic girls they have an attitude of why stay in a relationship unless you are happy. Children under 18 get support from the government so the responsibility of family is lessened. If you do not have ideals and mind getting your heart-broken go for it, but for me I believe love and marriage is forever.
- Danish believe in social humanism but not God. This means they have no good or bad in the traditional sense of the word. This makes for a peaceful equal society but also for a society that tends tolerate partners on the side. It is Western European and I as a husband or wife would not approve. I like the idea of mating for life.
- Danish girls make money and the cost of living is high. Therefore, if you are a foreign guy wanting to take someone to dinner or a movie, be prepared to fork out a lot of Krone. Not the best for us American and British guys who have to work day and night to get a little disposable income to travel the world and be international men of mystery. Better are Eastern European countries where the women are nicer looking and expect less.
- Do not expect anything like the movie ‘Prince and Me’, Danes are not that Romantic in my understanding of the word.
To read more about Danish women and meeting Danes if you are still interested and about 25% of Danish met their mate online. It is certainly an interesting society. Just not one I can recommend for a guy looking for love and marriage in my understanding of these terms. Try Facebook and dating.dk to meet girls online.