Why women have big lips
Causes of big lips on girls are a combination of genetics and hormones. Bigger lips often are considered more attractive, this is why there is so many people looking for ways to increase their lips size.
People try with surgery (ridiculous) and creams (estrogen or things that increase blood supply temporarily) and even exercises. Facial lip exercises focus to strengthen the muscles, orbicularis oris, around your lips. I tried it for a month or so and it does work.
- A few years back women in the USA were obsessed with me with bigger lips and men liked women with big lips. This is a fad like long straight hair or curly and short.
Bigger and warmer
Girls want voluptuous facial features to attract men. I think the more estrogen the bigger the lips, this is why guys with big lips look silly. But mostly southern climates for some reason have people with bigger lips, I think it has something to do with the fact in northern climates like Russia, blood flow to extremities as large lips is not optimal in cold places as potential frost bite. In fact, I thing the subconscious message of full lips is warmth.
Big lips and face reading
People that study the face for traditional Chinese medicine say that the upper lips correspond to the upper intestine and the lower lip to the lower intestine. Others will tell a wide part above your lip called the philtrum is associated with high energies connected with the id or pleasure seeking in women and men. Therefore, I would say this is a good thing in terms of attractiveness.
The metaphor of big lips on girls is obvious and I would rather not explain it here. It corresponds to another part of the body.
European girls that have large lips are Romanian girls and sometimes Polish and Ukrainian and Russian girls. Romanian girls because they are actually Latin people living in Eastern Europe.
Mating, dating and lip size
The theory is, if our face is a holographic representation of our body, anatomically our lips and mouth are metaphors for reproductive regions on our bodies. If we have a robust mouth area, it is a secondary indicator of sensuality.
However, as humans evolve other signals are more important and some even drop out. Think of it as an algorithm for mating, which our genes prune out less important signs and look for more relevant signals.
I use to think, thick, round sensual lips were attractive, however I think that is one of the last indicators of beautiful. In fact now, I think it is a slight inverse correlation for me personally. Now if it is important to you, that is fine. I am just saying for me personally after I left my 20s, it became an unimportant factor.
In fact, I was looking at my wife’s lips this morning and she has thin lips and yet I find her the most attractive girl in the world. My wife has really high cheekbones, a Roman nose and round eyebrows and big blue eyes, for me if she has fat lips it would make her look clown like.
If you look at Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa or any renaissance artist the proportions of on their faces were studied and well thought out. They were clearly partial to think lips and these were mostly Italian artist that had exposure to many faces with the Mediterranean trade.
Beauty is all about proportions and ratios and sometimes disproportions. Plastic Surgeons use a ratio of 1:1.68 or Phi for nose and lips.
Drooping or irregularities can be a sign that there is something wrong. Like me I have had a brain lesion and slight dis-proportionality on one side of my lip, a drooping. Yet with exercises I overcame this. But humans subconsciously scan faces for signs that something is wrong, that is external signals that something is wrong inside.
Lip beauty without surgery
- Moist lips – If you want to enhance your lip appeal you need to buy lip gloss and make them look moist. You have moist looking lips it does it. Guys will not know why they are attracted to you but they are. It is related to wet lips are a signal of fertility.
Lip exercises – You can buy a mouth exercises or learn basic facial exercises, with with your fingers or isometric exercises. Either way you will notice a rapid increase in muscle tone of your Orbicularis oris. the Buccinator fibers can also come into play. Actually when the surrounding Buccinator muscles are toned it can even look even better than the orbicularis oris around your mouth. You can either use your pinkies to create resistance on various areas of your lips and hold them isometrically. You do this for ten minutes a day and you will see a difference.
You can roll your lips in and out while contracting your muscles.
Another exercise you can do it simply puckering like you are going to kiss. Do this and contract the muscles in the area. You will also see results.
You can by a mouth device that will do it for you but they often overwork the jaw muscle so I like to do it isometrically.
Does this work or is it all nonsense? Well I did it for a month way back and I had a comment or two on my lips. And I am a dude. So it does work. They were not fuller but the muscles of my facial area were well chiseled. If you want to improve your facial beauty, you can with facial exercises. It is better than any lifting or surgery.
- Lip Stick – For women only, guys that wear this look feminine. You want red lipstick or something creative. You want to stand out, red lipstick does it. You will get looked at and noticed. Alternatively a shade of purple. This goes particularly well if you have red hair. If it is bright you may feel self conscious but this is what guys like. They like it all out there. Lipstick is perhaps the only cosmetic you really need if you want to put a spin on your looks.
- Hypnosis or guided visualization to increase lip size – There are no studies to support this but in theory I think it would work. The human body is very dynamic and if you can increase blood flow to your lips it will increase the size and attractiveness of your lips. It is what happens when you have relations.
Fake Silicon lips – For flash but they look fake, they ophthalmologic adhesive agent. It is liquid silicon.
Do not do plastic surgery for lips, they are not that important.
- Lips rings – do not look attractive.
- Prevent lip cracks with vitamins – Multivitamin or balanced B supplement will help prevents cracks on your lips. Too high or low of one B vitamin will cause a deficiency in another, this is why you take them in unison.
- Organic lip balms – Wheat Germ oil Vitamin E and Honey is good for your lips.
Generally the point of this article is to tell you lips are not that important for beauty for men and women. If you do want to optimizes your lip attractiveness use natural things like mentioned above.