One of the most common problems I see out there is Indian guys in Europe are alone. They are highly educated, peaceful and friendly but have little to no luck with girls from Europe. I mean what is the deal? Why do not females from London or France date or seek Indian males? On a dating site you never see “beautiful Russian blond seeking Indian guy – just leave your mobile number”. Let me tell you it is possible to bridge this chasm. The purpose of this post if to tell you the reasons why and how to over come these issues with cross cultural Asian European dating.
Girls from Europe do not date guys from Indian because:
- European girls often want someone from Europe (home team) or the Americas while India (visiting team) is unknown. In cricket do not most people route for the home team? Indian men are from the same basic ethic group as Europeans, that is Indo-Europeans, but the culture is radically different and they are from a far off exotic land. Too much risk for a girl as she wants someone to take home to her mother (to like) and marry, not a player a foreign culture. Therefore, I can see how some European women do not go for Indian guys unless there are strong feelings of love. They prefer to stick to that they know, the home team from their own culture.
- European girls assume that Indian men have Indian girls waiting for them back home and will get married so what is the in dating an Indian guy. Sure almost all Indian marriages are still arranged and many have Indian girls waiting back home. Or maybe we all have watch too many Bollywood movies and think this is reality, but Indian girls are beautiful and know that if you give your heart to a guy he would just go back to Indian and marry someone that looks like Katrina Kaif, Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra or Tabu. European girls will never admit this but the risk of flight of an Indian guy is high if she competes with a beauty who also cooks Chicken Tikka Masala and does it with a smile. Come to think of it are you sure you guys want to date a ‘liberated’ German girl?
- Indian guys are often, but not always are physically smaller frame than Europeans, largely because of the diet. I ethically vegetarian diets are better (I am not one), but it does affect protein intake and growth rates. In contrast, I have seen Indians raised in the USA on a high fat meat diet become huge. This is in one generation and no one can tell me this is genetics. Women like to date men either taller or broader than themselves as it give them a sense of security.
- Indian guys often have a different style. Often because of their budget, but still, please, enough said.
So these are the common problems Indian guys face in Europe. Indians from Bombay, Tamil to Kerala usually come to Europe to study and often make higher earnings based on the power of the currency exchange rate of the rupee to the Euro or British pound. Sometimes they stay to get a visa or EU citizenship and sometimes for marriage.
They can get these girls, but do not know how. I see the above as a common problem with Indian guys, that is they make very few inroads with European girls. In fact Middle East guys seem to do better even though Indian guys are more connected to Europe ethnically and in some cases culturally.
Solution for Indian guys who want to date European women
- Radically alter your style – Your goal should be to dress like an Italian. Some people argue that should be everyone’s goal who is in the dating scene as the Italians do know how to dress. I have seen Indian guys in Italy with barely any noticeable difference in look than some Italian guy and even marry Polish girls. When in Rome do as the Romans, if you are in Europe to as the Europeans. If the fear about dating Indian men is cultural than lessen the cultural boundaries. Indians are attractive people, look at the Bollywood stars, do you think they have any problem attracting someone to date? Clothes make the man. Everyone can be attractive if they know how to jazz up their look. You could even pump iron and where a cool t-shirt with a good haircut. Learn about fashion even if you are on a shoe string.
- Do not be a geek – Indian guys are generally smart and hard-working, but often are shy about flirting, OK they tend to be geeky. Take no offense, I am a confirmed computer geek myself. It is not a bad thing, but it does not get your far with girls, unless she is like Mila Kunis and plays computer games like hipster guy. Know how to be cool a charm girls. Charm is getting what you want without having to ask. Except for the culture you guys are basically the same as Europeans, there is not reason to feel funny or self-conscious. You come from a great land with a rich history. So get over any feelings you have and focus on learning how to charm girls. I do not know what to tell you, try with smiling and ask probative questions here and there about that they study and their interests and whatever it is, show some affirmative facial expression of interest.
- Explain your real intentions- If you are getting an arranged marriage back home, be honest. If you are looking for a marriage for a visa to Europe (I am not recommending at all) be honest. If you are seeking true love then tell them, but be honest as life has karmic laws.
- Try online dating – You would be surprised how the walls of culture fall when you start to write poetry online and via sms text messages. A lot of my friends from Sweden even have married people from the other side of the world.
Polish girls do marry Indian guys. British girls do marry Indian guys, I have seen all of this. It is more common the other way around for some reason. That is if an Indian girl goes to Europe or America guys are all over her, but the converse is true also.
Tell me what you think, about this type of dating and the possibilities? If you are a man from India what has been your experiences with love in the UK or Europe or chatting with Polish or Russian girls for example? If you are an American gal or a European girl would you date and Indian guy?